Tree surgery is the practice of managing trees, shrubs and hedges. Keeping your trees and shrubs in a safe and aesthetically pleasing state is our priority. Here at Green Cuts Ltd, we can help you plan and execute the appropriate works to the trees for which you are responsible.
As Arboricultural Association approved contractors you are guaranteed a high level of service, a high standard of work and advice that can be relied upon.
Most common aspects of tree surgery include:
There are many aspects of tree surgery to maintain your trees and shrubs, including:
- Crown thinning – smaller branches are selectively removed to evenly thin the crown, weight is removed and wind resistance is increased as well as allowing extra light to pass through the canopy.
- Crown lifting – lower branches are removed to an agreed height to allow light to pass below the crown.
- Crown dead wooding – branches naturally die off for many reasons, but take a while to decay; removing these branches early prevents injury from falling debris.
- Crown reductions – trees can quickly outgrow their environments and can require pruning to reduce the overall spread of the crown whilst maintaining healthy growth and a natural shape.
- Directional felling – where the space is afforded to us we are able to safely fell trees from the ground using a variety of cuts to bring your tree down in a direction of our choosing.
- Sectional dismantling – where space is restricted; the tree is carefully dismantled and brought down piece by piece. We use a variety of methods from free fall cuts to more advanced rigging techniques.
Our services include:
- Domestic Tree Surgery – We can help you take care of your garden trees; we can help with the pruning and shaping of trees, hedge trimming, stump removal & grinding, crown thinning and more.
- Commercial Tree Surgery – We provide commercial tree surgery for the Highways Agency, Local Authorities, The Police, Fire & Rescue Service and many more commercial organisations throughout Lincolnshire.
- Emergency Tree Surgery – We help deal with dangerous trees that may have been the victim of storm or wind damage, or perhaps trees that become an obstruction due to vehicle collision, no matter what inconvenient day or time this is needed. We can assess and if need be, recover the damage to leave the tree in a safe state. Our 24 Hour Emergency line is 07724 533 410.
Areas we service including, but not limited to:
- Great Coates
Why choose us
At Green Cuts Ltd, not only do all of our tree surgeons in Grimsby have all the relevant qualifications and accreditations, but we pride ourselves in delivering excellent customer service that is friendly, professional and efficient. We have over 25 years experience in the industry as professional tree surgeons, and we strive to provide the best service at affordable prices to all our customers. Also, we are environmentally friendly arboricultural contractors and we recycle all of the waste material that is produced.
If you need a tree surgeon in Grimsby or in the surrounding areas, please do not hesitate to contact us at Green Cuts Ltd. We are here to help and answer any questions or queries. You can call us on 01472 841 100, email us at or fill out our enquiry form here.